Welcome to my blog :))

Hello and thanks for your visit to my blog. For the beginning I want to make little introduction about wath I'm going to write. Because I'm a big fan of movies I decide to write about it.. I choose series of Harry Potter, why this movie I really don't know..I like this film because is full with fantasy, fictitious places and creators, but in the other hand there is a situations from the actual life like problems in school, real friendship, family issues etc.. I will start with a biography of the author.

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Biography of J.K.Rowling

J.K.Rowling is an English fiction writer who became famous as author of the Harry Potter fantasy series,which has gained international attention,won multiple awards,and sold over 325 million copies worldwide.
She was born to Peter James Rowling and Anne Volant on 31 July 1965 at Yate,Gloucestershire,England, 10 miles nortest of Bristol. As a child,Rowling enjoyed writing fantasy stories,which she offen read to her sister.
With a year of study in Paris,Rowling moved to London to work as a researcher and bilingual secretary for Amnesty International.During this period while she was on a four-hour-delayed train trip between Manchester and London,she developed the idea for a story of a young boy attending a school of wizardry so she began to write immediately. She moved to Porto,Portugal to teach English as a foreign language.While there, she married Portuguese television journalist Jorge Arantes on 16 October 1992. They had one child, Jessica,they divorced in 1993.
In December 1994, Rowling and her daughter moved to be near her sister in Edinburgh,Scotland.Unemployed and living on state benefits, she completed her first novel.

No comments: